Saturday 12 February 2011

Ralph Steadman

Just looking through some books in the library I came across the work of Ralph Steadman, straight away it got me interested. The works comical, almost caricatures but it just nicely fits into this project. The actual working method is all physical; in his book it says that the pictures are Polaroid’s that he has then pushed the paper in certain ways to alter the overall picture. If I can get my hand on a Polaroid then I would love to experiment with it however I’m not sure I could easily get myself a camera, but still it’s good to look at. I think what I like about it so much is that its extreme, the reason why I normally like caricatures is that they are never subtle and always over the top which for me works well. I suppose one thing I could experiment with doing is this in Photoshop and really manipulate the portraits, use the liquify tool and really play around.

No comments:

Post a Comment